TIME BASE: Approximately 20 hours per week (Salaried)
SALARY: $35k a year hrs and rate negotiable
While the Financial Manager reports to and is supervised by the Organizational Director and Clinical Director, Breath of My Heart strives to create a culture in which every employee is responsible for themselves and is capable of sustaining their own work rhythms that result in optimum productivity and health for themselves and for the organization.
The Financial Manager manages all financial aspects of the nonprofit organization. Ultimately, the Financial Manager ensures that BMH utilizes their resources in the most beneficial way and maximizes funding. The Financial Officer works closely with the Operations Manager, who helps carry out many of the responsibilities listed below.
- Genuine interest in the mission and vision of BMH, midwifery services, and a dedication to social justice work.
- Willingness to be ready for significant levels of change, be flexible, and adaptable
Vision: To attain greater community wellness through the growth and reclamation of birth traditions and practices in Northern New Mexico, by cultivating a nurturing environment that welcomes all families’ cultural strengths, and Ways of Knowing.
Mission: To bring to reality a sustainable birthing place that celebrates pregnancy and birth as a sacred rite of passage through midwifery care. To raise awareness and promote wellness, growth, and healing in our multicultural communities by honoring women and birthing people as the first environment*.
- Work experience in financial management that included or was preparatory to holding the role of Financial Manager, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management, and budget forecasting methods
- Ability to track multiple accounts, revenue streams, and projects in good financial health
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software including Quickbooks, MS Excel or similar software i.e. Google Sheets, Mac Numbers
- Willingness and ability to learn midwifery billing software such as Maternity Neighborhoods
- Ability to employ creative thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills to discover unique solutions
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple written and oral language
- Previous experience writing formal financial reports
- Familiarity with the way nonprofit organizations are structured
- Ability to lead financial decision making while holding BMH’s values and unique organizational equity and horizontal model
- Comfort using online conferencing
- Ability to work remotely and hold a flexible schedule during business hours
- Experience with or a willingness to learn about medical billing and insurance reimbursements
Additional Highly Desired Qualities
- BS or MS in Finance, Accounting or relevant field
- Knowledge about fundraising for nonprofits
- Proven grant writing experience
- Tech savvy and/or tech curious